Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: 288-16H Frequency response..?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like good advice, I didn't realize they had digital I/O as well, a feature I wish the Rane had, (which is what triggered my advice in that regard). Experience is a good teacher, but she can be a bit rude, and I really can't afford her lessons. Since my AC24 has adjustable CD EQ on the top 2 bands, it serves my purpose well, but that might not be sufficient for everyone.

    My connectivity caution was just meant for awareness, as most anything CAN be connected. For the typical consumer whose box of RCA patch cords has served all previous needs though, inserting a piece of pro gear can be a sizable speed bump. Better to understand it up front than have to cry help later.

    Both Rane and Behringer catch a lot of (undeserved, IMO) flak from those with their noses in the air. Domesticated turkeys have they same problem though, and they drown if caught out in the rain. forums

  2. #32
    Senior Hostboard Member
    288-16H Frequency response..?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't get me wrong- Behringher makes some bad stuff. They do makes some very decent pieces though. Mostly for me, the DCX, DEQ and the 2500 amp. All are unbeatable bang for the buck.

    To me a company that makes little $20 items that sound good is just as important as a company that makes $100,000 items. Maybe more.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member hmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a BSS ps-8810cn I picked up for cheap ($300)on EPay practically NIB, worth a look and lacks entirely any consumer oriented influence.
    Does significantly more than a simple crossover, but way more fun too if you are thinking of biamping a 5.1 system it is also expandable, it is 8 in x10 out,
    Time delay parametric, up to 24db crossover slope in various curves, noise free thus far( some wiring/grounding issues since resolved)
    I was looking for some cobranet stuff to hook up to it but none seems cheap enough.
    With the cobranet you can expand it to 24x24 I think.
    This was really designed as a mixer but has some crazy capabilities.

    Harry


    Harry

  4. #34
    Senior Hostboard Member
    288-16H Frequency response..?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    you realize you got a $3000 piece for $300? I doubt there are more at that price.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sometimes you get lucky on ebay. A couple of years back, I got a demo, practicaly new BSS-FDS 366t DSP processor for $1850.

    At the time, they cost over $3000 new at the store.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by hmole:
    I have a BSS ps-8810cn I picked up for cheap ($300)on EPay practically NIB, worth a look and lacks entirely any consumer oriented influence.
    Does significantly more than a simple crossover, but way more fun too if you are thinking of biamping a 5.1 system it is also expandable, it is 8 in x10 out,
    Time delay parametric, up to 24db crossover slope in various curves, noise free thus far( some wiring/grounding issues since resolved)
    I was looking for some cobranet stuff to hook up to it but none seems cheap enough.
    With the cobranet you can expand it to 24x24 I think.
    This was really designed as a mixer but has some crazy capabilities.

    Harry


    Harry
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hook it up! Take the time to dial it in for your system, you can get great results.

    forums

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 16, 2007 03:09 PM: Message edited by: scotty j ]</font>

  7. #37
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I meant HOOK it up.

    Todd, we need an edit feature, please.

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 16, 2007 03:09 PM: Message edited by: scotty j ]</font>

  8. #38
    Inactive Member aauwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've just picked up a Behringer DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro. So as soon as the adaptors and cables come in, I think I'm ready to start hooking things up and giving them a listen.. forums

  9. #39
    Inactive Member kudret's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2007
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Joe,
    I finally replaced the top sections with 290-16Ks+311-90s and JBL 2404H. I used Type A networks and experimented with various attenuation levels but I am not impressed. I am curious to hear about your experiments with active crossovers.

    Kudret

  10. #40
    Inactive Member aauwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Will do! I'm also looking to pick up the matching EQ/RTA for the Crossover. So if things don't sound right, by golly, I'm going to force them to sound right... forums

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.